Monday, May 12, 2008

Pleasant Monday

No rant today; well yet anyway.

I spent the morning helping my Daddy vaccinate heifers. The weather was cooperative, cool and overcast, so the cattle were fairly cooperative. We only had to chase a couple of them. They were late to the party and didn't really act like they wanted to come into the pen. I got more exercise than I am accustomed to, running across the pasture to head them off. Other than that it went smoothly and we were done in less than two hours.

The spring so far has been kind, but if it doesn't rain soon the kindness will be over. Damn Al Gore and his pet, Global Warming.

Speaking of global warming; I did hear John McCain declaring the debate over and declaring humans responsible. I guess the fact that the climate has actually cooled is not "true" evidence. So much for the wisdom that comes with age. Of course, there is the very small possibility that he is taking the politically smart path of least resistance... Nah, that can't be it.

I think I will make the link of the day the kid who imitates President Bush talking about global warming. If you haven't watched this video do so, it is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The video is excellent!